Thursday, November 19, 2009

Neighborhood Photo Project Checklist

Step One: Information Gathering

I have read my neighborhood essay and highlighted turning points

I have visited the Brooklyn history blog and viewed the sites about my neighborhood, specifically “Forgotten New York” and the NY Times links

I have searched Google Images for photographs of my neighborhood’s past and present

I have looked through family photographs for old photos of my neighborhood

I have found historical photographs of my neighborhood that I can use

I have read Wikipedia information about my neighborhood

Optional:

I have done further research about my neighborhood’s history


Step Two: Photo Walk

I have chosen the route I will walk around my neighborhood
*Tip: using the neighborhood essay map is helpful

I have figured out which camera I will use for my walk

I have taken my photo walk

I have completed my note-taking sheet

I have reviewed my photographs to see if they cover the topics I need to cover for my project

If needed, I have taken extra photos

Step Three: After the Walk

I have downloaded my photographs to the computer

I have saved my photographs on a flash drive or CD
*Tip: see Mr. Salak if you need a CD

Step Four: Organizing Information

I have categorized my photographs into the topics on the assignment outline

After categorizing my photos according to the outline, I have chosen the best photographs to use to tell my neighborhood’s story
*Tip: DON’T use all of your photographs – only the ones that best tell your neighborhood story

I have written comments about each of the photographs I have chosen

I have put my photographs in the order I want to discuss them

No comments: